Chef Victor Boroda is the executive chef of Estérel, a beautiful and upscale French-Mediterranean restaurant situated at the Hotel Sofitel LA with full bar & craft cocktails. Their unique garden called le Jardin is the focal point of the space.
We asked Chef Victor for a recipe he thinks is perfect for the summer season. He handed us his Albacore Tuna Crudo recipe and told us that, “This recipe is perfect for the summer because it incorporates fresh ingredients like raw albacore, avocado, watermelon radish, and pickled fresno chili. The kicker is a bright smoked ponzu that really livens up the dish and cools you off during the hot LA summer days.”
How To Make Chef Victor Boroda’s Albacore Tuna Crudo
1/2 cup Albacore Tuna, small dice
1/4 each Avocado, small dice
2 tbsp pickled Fresno chili (or jalapeno), diced
3 tbsp Watermelon radish, small dice
1/4 cup Smoked Ponzu
salt and pepper to taste
Pickled Fresno Chili:
1. Take 1 cup champagne vinegar, 3 cups water, 2 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp sugar, and bring them all into a boil.
2. Pour liquid over chilis. Refrigerate once cool, ready in 24 hours
1. Take 1 cup soy sauce, 1 piece dried konbu, 1 cup dried shiitake, 4 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Once simmered, squeeze in the juice of 4-5 limes depending on preference.
Albacore Tuna Crudo:
1. Take all ingredients and half of the ponzu and mix in bowl seasoning to taste.
2. Place tuna mixture in serving dish and pool remainder of ponzu surrounding the tuna mound and enjoy!
Esterel is located at 8555 Beverly Blvd, LA, CA 90048
Nearby Landmarks: Foot Locker, Versace, and Mobil
Phone Number: (310) 278-5444
Have you experienced Esterel? Leave a review and check to see if there are Esterel Restaurant coupons.