The first in Hungary to have earned more than 15 Gault Millau points, Chef István Pesti is considered as one of the best chefs in Budapest and Hungary. La Perle Noire, under his leadership, was named one of the Best 10 Restaurants in Budapest by the Dining Guide a number of times.
Chef Pesti’s menus earned special prizes, like “Best Contemporary Hungarian Menu,” and “Best Vegetarian Menu.” He studied gastronomy at the Gundel Károly Hospitality School and has years of experience under his belt for working at prestigious local restaurants like Babel Delicate Restaurant, Malomtó, and Crystal Palace.
A winter recipe Chef Pesti gave us was his “Chicken with Corn Texture,” which is ideal for for winter because, “It combines a range of produce widely available in the cold season, including local favorites like traditional Polenta.”
Chicken Supreme with Corn
4 pieces Chicken breast
300 grams Corn or deep-frozen corn
200 grams Baby corn
100 grams Popcorn
8 tablespoons Polenta
200 milliliters Cream
200 grams Butter
2 tablespoons Freshly grated Parmesan
100 milliliters Cooking oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Cook the corn or frozen corn in cream, and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, and mash well.
2. Boil the baby corn in salted water.
3. Pop out the popcorn and mince coarsely.
4. In a non-stick pot, for each tablespoon of polenta, add two tablespoons of water, then bring to a boil, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 15-20 minutes. Add more water if the consistency is too thick. Season with salt and pepper. Before you remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and the Parmesan. Leave to chill in the pot.
5. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Pre-roast the chicken in cooking oil then simmer with the rest of the butter until it’s ready.
6. Cut the polenta in 2 cm thick slices, and roast in a frying pan.
7. To serve, slice the chicken breast, place on the plate, and garnish with corn textures.
La Perle Noire Restaurant & Lounge of Mamaison Hotel Andrassy is located at 1063 Budapest, Andrássy út 111.[mappress mapid=”153″]
Hours of Operation
Restaurant open 12:00pm – 11:00pm