Losing weight can be a tough ordeal for many of us. Well, no one can really help it. We’ve tried so many weight-loss guides, undergone restrictive diets, and did exhausting exercises, all for the sake of losing those extra flabs to no avail.
Depressing, don’t you agree?
Now, before we all sink into the world of the hopeless, I think I’ve found a simple solution for the problem. The trick here lies in the amount of calories we consume. The more calories we take in, the higher the amount of energy that are just converted into fat. If we could just reduce our calorie intake, then we are also reducing the amount of fat that we store in our bodies.
It’s a nifty principle, and I’ve discovered some tips to make weight-loss happen:
1. Tap your foot ” being fidgety can be a good thing, especially if it means burning off those fats. So try moving more, walk a little more, and you’ll be burning lots of calories.
2. Step away from nuts ” these may contain heart-healthy fats, but that would mean they would be high in calories. And try avoiding the big bowl, since you’ll tend to eat more.
3. Don’t eat in front of the TV ” the ultimate in couch-potato lifestyle. And it’s a sure way to add more fat to your body. Eat at the table, and do a casual walk, instead.
4. Limit salad toppings ” vegetables are good for you, but if you put in too much salad topping, then it’s all for nothing. Use half the dressing, low fat veggies, and one topping.
5. Use a smaller plate ” not only will this help you lose extra calories, you also won’t feel that you’re cheated out of a good meal. And you’d still be full.
6. Skip the whip ” that’s a good advice when you feel like ordering extra for your coffee. If you still crave for cream, then order a shot of espresso instead.
7. Count your chips (and crackers) ” When you feel like eating from a bag, don’t. Chances are, you’ll be consuming more than you should. That’s a fact.
8. Serve and sit “family-style meals can be calorie-packed, so better fill your plate before coming to the table, and try leaving the serving dishes in the kitchen as well.
9. Skinny up the cocktails ” cocktails are meant to be cocktails. So adding sugar, cream, and sour mixes turn them into desserts. Better stick with liquor on the rocks to cut calories.
10. Eat less pasta ” a cup of pasts isn’t bad for calories, except that pasta is rarely served per cup. Why not pull someone along to share with the extra pasta.
11. Limit dinner guests ” eating with more people makes you consume double your normal calorie intake. Eat with less guests, and you’ll take in less calories, too.
12. Don’t clean your plate ” leave a small amount of food on the plate. You’ll be able to avoid a lot of extra calories this way.
13. Make mine a mini “ when in a restaurant, try looking for a mini version of the main dessert. At least you can end you meal enjoyably and still cut calories.
14. Nix that smoothie a day ” smoothies are packed with calories, so if you just skip ordering a smoothie for even a day, then it’s a victory for weight-loss programs.
15. Beware the healthy-food trap “healthy meals tend to make you drop your guard, so be aware and still keep watch of what you eat. And try avoiding extra drinks and sides, too.
16. Beware hidden oils ” ask to have your food cooked in stock instead of oil. Better yet, order steamed or poached meals. You can avoid the calories in oil, then.
17. Get enough sleep ” not only will you look like a zombie of sorts, but you’ll tend to eat more.
18. Be the hostess with the moistest ” shop big, cook big, and take your time serving the meals. You’ll be burning a lot of calories this way, then.
19. Kick the soda habit ” a soda drink is packed with plenty of calories, so better avoid them. If you’re parched, then it would be better to drink an ice-cold glass of water.
20. Simple tricks to fill up (with less) ” try this at breakfast: 2 boiled or poached eggs. For dinner, enjoy a cup of low-fat soup. You’ll feel less hungry and eat less, then.
21. Ditch that buttered movie popcorn ” that large pack sold at theaters are full of calories. Try smuggling your own popcorn. At least you can skip the extra fats.
22. Get in tune with your tummy ” pay attention to whether you feel full or not, instead of looking at your plate and deciding whether it’s clean or not.
23. Drink sugar-free “ sometimes, making your drink tasty can bring in too much calories. Try drinking your tea or coffee sugar-free. You’ll get to enjoy their natural taste.
24. Check the number of servings in a dish ” you might be surprised at what you discover in the meal you’re served with.
25. Think small at the ice cream shop “ instead of ordering a large serving your favorite treat, why not opt for a small one. You can still enjoy it, but consume less calories.
The tips here are pretty much easy to do, don’t you agree? Still, like all diet and weight-loss advice, always consult your doctor for medical information. That way, you can formulate an effective diet plan that you can perform.