Dina Deleasa-Gonsar is the owner of the popular food blog DishItGirl.com. You may have seen her appear alongside with her family on the E! Network’s, ” Married to Jonas.” Her recipes are home cook-friendly and also for the entertaining savvy. Dina encourages people to get in the kitchen and get people together!
We asked Dina Deleasa-Gonsar to share with us a recipe that she thinks is perfect for summer! She offered her vibrant and delicious Summer Ribbon Salad recipe, and told us that, “This recipe is colorful, tasty, and easy to make. You don’t need to turn on the oven or even the grill! It is the perfect side dish for any summer BBQ or dinner party. It also travels well which makes it the perfect dish to bring to a get together!”
How To Make Dina Deleasa-Gonsar’s Summer Ribbon Salad
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 carrot
- 8 oz. of baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 garlic glove, pressed in a garlic press
- 1 lemon, Juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut thin strips lengthwise of the zucchini, squash, and the carrot.
- In a small saute an over medium heat, toast the pine nuts for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large saute or grill pan over medium heat warm ½ Tablespoon of olive oil. Then add your strips of zucchini and squash in batches if necessary in order not to crowd the pan. After about 5 minutes you should see the zucchini and squash start to get grill marks or have golden brown spots. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, and honey. In a large bowl add the spinach and pine nuts. Pour the dressing over the top making sure to reserve about ¼ cup for drizzling. Toss together to coat
- Add the spinach to serving platter of choice. Arrange the ribbons of squash, zucchini, and carrots over the top. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top as well as the feta cheese and serve!
For more recipes, you can visit Dina Deleasa-Gonsar’s official website, DishtItGirl.com