Opposites attract. The same thing goes with Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark‘s preference in drinks. Alie likes wine spritzers, while Georgia loves beer. But their differences doesn’t stop them from clicking and becoming best friends.
The dynamic duo’s chemistry and sense of humor led them to become on-camera contributors for the Cooking Channel’s “Unique Sweet,” even launching their own online Web series called, “Classy Ladies with Alie & Georgia,” where they put on pretty dresses, pretend to be classy, and take culinary lessons in each episode, with sides of witty comments and crazy antics.
We asked the quirky partners in crime to give us a fun and delicious recipe that best reflects the Winter season. They handed us their easy recipe for “Bourbon Cider Sipper” that uses flavors you will surely find comforting in a crazily cold weather like we’re currently experiencing.
Bourbon Cider Sipper
Clove Simple Syrup
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon whole cloves
1 ½ oz. bourbon
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
½ oz. clove simple syrup
1 ½ oz. hard apple cider
Apple slice studded with a few whole cloves, for garnish, optional
For the clove simple syrup
1. Combine the brown sugar, cloves and 1 cup water in a pan and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Allow to cool and sit for 2 to 3 hours; strain off the cloves before using. (Store any remaining syrup in a sealed jar, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.)
For the cocktail
1. Add the bourbon, lemon juice and clove simple syrup to a shaker and add ice.
2. Shake vigorously and pour into a highball glass.
3. Top with hard cider” and if you’re feeling fancy” garnish with an apple slice studded with a few whole cloves. That part is optional though. As are pants.