I must say I wasn’t sure what to grill this weekend. I really though that I would want to try to just say indoors and just relax. Then as I did some more thinking. I realized that I haven’t grilled something in a long time. And I wasn’t really happy about it, so I grabbed the bulls by the horns and fired up the grill. The inspiration for this recipe and grilling adventure came from searching the internet for a local restaurant’s menu and I came upon this option” “Unique Grilled Hamburger Recipes: Avocado, Fried Egg Recipe.”
My eyes went straight to this item, and then, it was all downhill from there. I must admit that at first, I wasn’t sure about the fried egg. I mean, who really adds fried eggs to their hamburgers? I think that they are a more traditional breakfast food, so for me, at least, it is hard to move behind that. But with the addition of two other great extras such as BACON and Avocados, this turns out to not only be a great dinner, but you can even be adventurous and make this for breakfast.
There are two ways to do this recipe. The first is the quick and dirty way or the really up-scale way. What is the difference? Very simple. The quick and dirty way is when you just take a frozen beef patty and some regular buns vs. the make at home burger meat and a very nice bun. Or if you want to be original and really make it different, instead of using a bun, you can use an English muffin, which would be a great way to spice things up. For this recipe I am going to be using a Ciabatta bread as the buns for the sandwich.
Hamburger with A Fried Egg, Bacon Topped off with Avocado
One of the most yummy and delicious dish” the Hamburger with Fried Egg and Avocado. A great combination of meat and veggies are put together to make this awesome Hamburger. Definitely a dish to try out!
2 large eggs
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
6 slices bacon, cooked
Ciabatta Bread Loaf
1. Mix the ground beef, chopped parsley and grated onion together in a large mixing bowl. Season liberally, with salt, pepper and garlic. Form 3 hamburger patties.
2. Heat your grill to medium – high direct heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the burgers and cook until desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
3. Fry bacon in a hot pan until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
4. While burgers are cooking, heat a non-stick pan, over medium heat.
5. Crack 3 eggs into the pan. Cook until the yolks are just set and still slightly runny and remove.
6. Brush the Ciabatta bread loaf with some extra virgin olive oil and place it on the grill.
7. Place burger patties on English muffins or whatever bread that you choose to use for the buns.
8. Top each burger with 2 pieces of bacon and a fried egg. Enjoy!