Japan may be an advanced country, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need help. This tragic earthquake and tsunami damaged many parts of their country, and we all should help. After all, this is what makes us human beings.
And when it comes to help, it doesn’t really have to be costly. Tangible and useful items are needed most. Supplies like medicine, extra clothes and food items would be of help. You can organize a drive, a gathering, or a simple event to collect these items that can be sent to organizations and groups helping in disaster relief. If you want to give money, just make sure that you get in touch with the right groups.
As for the right organizations, there are several ones that you can choose from:
1. Japan’s Red Cross ” this is one of the biggest relief organizations in the world. Get in touch with a Red Cross organization near you and find out what you can do to help.
2. UNICEF ” when it comes to natural disasters, children are the first to suffer. So it would be a good point to make a donation to UNICEF, and the people there will make sure that your efforts will not be wasted.
3. Save the Children ” another children-oriented group that you can pitch in your help. Get in touch with their representatives and know how you can help reduce the suffering in a child’s young mind.
4. International Medical Corps ” medicine and other hospital supplies are the items most needed at this time. Try contacting this organization to make donations and assist in the disaster relief efforts.
5. Shelterbox and AmeriCare ” get in touch with these groups to know more on how you can help their representatives in Japan. It may be a small amount, but put them all together with the donations of others, and it will mean a great deal to the Japanese people.
Read Related Article