Leave it to the fabulous Beth Aldrich (Culinary Nutrition Trainer, Certified Health Counselor and author of the book, Real Moms Love to Eat) to make one of the world’s most beloved dishes, Lasagna, delicious AND guilt free.
The recipe comes from Beth’s award-winning, bestselling book, Real Moms Love to Eat. She tells us: “I love it because it doesn’t require an oven! It’s loaded with nutritious plant based foods that come alive with flavor when combined in this simple-to-prepare dish. It’s like having a party in your mouth!”
Check out this recipe at home, and definitely check out her book for more deliciously sin free recipes.
- 1 green zucchini
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. water (or as needed)
- 1 bag pre-washed spinach
- 1 8-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 diced roma tomato (or 1/2 of a regular-sized tomato)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (depending on preference)
- 2-4 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2-1 tsp. oregano flakes
1. 1st Level: Thinly slice a green zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or mandoline. Place the thin slices on the bottom of a rectangle glass pan (8-by-8) to resemble lasagna pasta noodles.
2. 2nd Level: Make “Raw Cashew Cheese”: Soak about 1 cup of raw cashews in a glass jar for at least 4 hours, drain and add to food processor. Add 1-2 good squeezes of 1/4 a lemon. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to taste. Blend until mixture is whipped up, like fluffy “cheese.”Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the processor bowl from time to time. Add 1 teaspoon of water (or more) if the mixture seems dry (this will make it fluffier). Spread raw cashew cheese over entire surface of 1st level of zucchini “noodles”
3. 3rd Level: Sprinkle coarsely-chopped spinach over entire area of pan (over “cheese”).
4. 4th Level: Make No-bake Raw Tomato Sauce. Add 1 an 8 oz. jar of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (If you use bagged sun-dried tomatoes, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil) to food processor, and blend until combined. Add 1 diced Roma tomato (or ½ of a regular-sized tomato) to processor, and blend until combined. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on your taste buds) to processor, and blend until combined. Add 2-4 leaves of fresh basil (depending on your taste buds), and blend until combined. Continue to blend until fluffy. Add sea salt to taste. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the processor bowl from time to time. Blend until mixture is whipped up.
5. Gently spread tomato sauce mixture over entire area of pan (over spinach). Sprinkle oregano flakes on top of entire mixture to taste.
6. Repeat 4 layers, if desired.