For this week’s barbecue adventure and barbecue recipe, I was inspired by one of the categories at DC Safeway barbecue battle that was being judged and submitted. It was lamb. After seeing how amazing the lamb that was submitted by Hog it up BBQ, I wanted to smoke my own rack of lamb, so I came up with this recipe” Honey Pistachio Crusted Smoked Lamb Rack Barbecue Recipe.
I must say that this barbecue adventure was pretty easy to do. I started with the lamb not in the pan, and then finished the smoking process in a covered pan. I think that it was a smart idea. I really liked the flavor profiles that the lamb had, and the addition of the honey and pistachio crust was also great that it added a sweetness and a bit of a salty flavor. One addition item that I added to make this lamb dish interesting is the use of cherry smoked wood from Baxter’s. I thought that this would be a give the lamb a nice smokey flavor, and boy, did it work!
Honey Pistachio Crusted Smoked Lamb Rack Barbecue Recipe
1 Rack of Lamb
2 cup of crushed Pistachios
1/2 cup of Honey
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup of olive oil
1. Crush the pistachios and then add the honey, mix until it the constancy is like a paste.
2. Dry the lamb with a paper towel and cover the lamb with the olive oil.
3. Add the pistachio/honey paste and also the salt and pepper so that the whole lamb is covered.
4. Get your smoker up to 250.
5. Using some non-stick spray, spray the grates and then place the rack right on the grates.
6. An hour later place the rack of lamb into a tin foil pan and wrap.
7. Once the lamb hits 200, remove the lamb from the smoker and then let it rest.
8. Once the lamb has been rested slice and then serve. Enjoy!