Chef Mike Mueller is the executive chef of Café and Bar Lurcat in Naples, Florida, where he is known for creating sophisticated American comfort food. Today we asked him to share with us an easy but super delicious recipe that he believes truly represents the summer season.
Located in the popular Naples downtown Fifth Avenue district, Cafe and Bar Lurcat features stunning decor, top-notch service and a chef-driven menu of sophisticated American comfort food using fresh, seasonal ingredients. All of these elements combine to provide guests with a delightful all-around dining experience.
We asked Chef Mike for a recipe he thinks is perfect for the summer season. He handed us his Korean BBQ Salmon recipe and told us that, “This has become a cult favorite over the past nine months. It’s the perfect blend of textural and flavor contrasts. We get this amazing superfine Italian black rice that is crossed with Chinese forbidden rice and add fermented Kimchi base. It has a Korean BBQ sauce similar to the flavors in Bolgogi. It screams summer. When we can, we shovel oak coals out of the smoker and grill the fish over them to add a summery smokey element.”
How To Make Chef Mike Mueller’s Korean BBQ Salmon with Scallion-Ginger Condiment and Fermented Black Rice
1 cup meat stock
2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp ketchup manis
1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
1 cup ginger, roughly chopped
3 heads of garlic, halved
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup Mirin
1 cup sherry vinegar
1 onion, quartered
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 cup ginger, minced fine
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1.5 tsp sherry vinegar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1.5 tsp salt
1 bag black rice
1/5 white onion, diced
10 small garlics, diced
2 times water
1. Cook the rice gently uncovered stirring occasionally until just tender. Cool uncovered in the refrigerator.
2. On the pick up heat 2-3 oz. rice with a little water and finish with a little butter and Kimchi puree/base
1. Heat all ingredients and simmer gently for 45 minutes. Strain pushing all sauce through strainer.
1. Mix all ingredients and check for seasoning.
1. Preheat oven to broil. Grill salmon to rare. Brush chilled BBQ on presentation side of salmon top with panko and broil
2. Serve fish with a scoop of condiment, some BBQ sauce, warm rice, and a dusting of Korean BBQ flakes.
Cafe and Bar Lurcat is located at 494 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102
Nearby Landmarks: Cambier Park, Gallery One, Sugden Community Theater, and PNC Bank.
Phone Number: (239) 213-3357
Hours of Operation:
Nightly 5 pm – 10 pm
Happy Hour: 4 – 6 pm, 10 pm – Close, Daily
We are Closed for Lunch
Sunday – Thursday 4 pm -11 am
Friday and Saturday 4 pm – 12 am
Have you been there? Leave a review and check for Cafe Lurcat Coupons for your next visit.