240sweet and Artisan Foodworks Executive Chef Alexa Lemley grew up working in her parents’ catering business. She lives in Columbus, Indiana with her wife and business partner, Samantha. In 2012, Chef Alexa received two “Local Food Hero Awards”from the readers of Edible Indy magazine for creative use of regional foods. In 2009, she was inducted into the prestigious Indiana Artisan program for her gourmet marshmallows. That year, she was also the Artist in Residence at the Indiana State Museum where she demonstrated her food artistry for visitors.
We asked Chef Alexa if she has a recipe that she can share with the FriendsEAT coommunity. She handed us the recipe for her “Decadent Macaroni and Cheese,” which took first place at the 2015 Ultimate Mac & Cheese Recipe Contest by the American Dairy Association of Indiana.
How To Make Chef Alexa Lemley’s Decadent Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Serves 15 as a side dish, 8 as an entree.
1/2 lb elbow macaroni noodles
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cottage cheese
1 pt heavy whipping cream
1/4 lb butter
¼ lb cream cheese
1 lb sharp cheddar, shredded (reserve 1/4 cup)
1 lb queso chihuahua, shredded (reserve 1/4 cup)
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stock pot, boil one gallon of water. Add noodles and cook for five minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
3. In a sauce pan, whisk together heavy whipping cream, butter, and cream cheese until smooth while simmering. Remove the cream mixture from heat.
4. In a large bowl, stir together noodles, cream mixture, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, ¾ lb sharp cheddar, ¾ lb queso Chihuahua with a spatula.
5. In a food processor, pulse Ritz crackers and remaining cheeses until a fine crumb.
6. Place macaroni mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with cracker/cheese crumbs. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until bubbly.
7. Take a moment to smell the delicious cheesiness and indulge in while hot.
Read our interview with Chef Alexa here: 2016 Chef Spotlight: Alexa Lemley of 240sweet and Artisan Foodworks
240sweet and Artisan Foodworks are both located at 9600 N US Highway 31, Columbus, Indiana 47201[mappress mapid=”213″]
Nearby Landmarks: Nearby Landmarks: Dollar General and La Guanajuato Grocery Store
Phone Number: (812) 3729898
Have you experienced Alexa’s places? Leave a review and check to see if there are 240Sweet coupons and Artisan Foodworks Coupons.