You are going to love this recipe for a Mango Serrano Mojito from The House at Secret Garden. It is made with a Serrano-infused simple syrup is what gives this drink an extra kick. The simple Syrup is made by combining Serrano peppers with sugar and boiling water, and results in the perfect melody of spicy and sweet. This spicy syrup is complimented by a mango puree, muddled lime juice, and white rum. The House’s mixologist surprises your palette by adding a hint of cilantro (I LOVE CILANTRO) to the traditional combination of mint, and sparkling water, bringing all the flavors full circle. This dynamic duo of sugar and spice is sure to satisfy on a warm summer evening.
The House at Secret Garden is a cozy and casual dining atmosphere. Housed in an old Spanish mansion in the foothills of South Mountain near Phoenix. The restaurant gives off a rustic, yet lively atmosphere. If you go, check out their patio and intimate venues for private parties. Co-owners Pat and Dustin Christofolo are a dynamic mother and son duo who took their Italian culinary education, 20 years of professional catering experience to create a lovely place. Chef Dustin’s menus and inspirational dishes are influenced by his culinary background in Parma, Italy. By using fresh produce and dairy from local purveyors, Chef Dustin brings his culinary visions to life, and gives the customer a truly unique farm to table experience.
- 2-3 Serrano peppers
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2-3 Mangos
- Sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1.5-3 oz White Rum
- Serrano Pepper simple infused syrup: made by combining Serrano Peppers with sugar in boiling water.
- Mango Puree: made by peeling, pitting and cubing 2-3 ripe mangos. Then mixed with 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and blended into a puree.
- The puree is then muddled with mint leaves and cilantro
- Pour 1.5-3 ounces of White Rum (depending on order) over ice
- Then add 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Then add Splash of sparkling water
- Mix and Garnish with cilantro & mint accordingly
The House at Secret Garden is located at 2501 E Baseline Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85042, United States
Hours: Tue – Sat: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm