You love donuts, right? I mean, who doesn’t love donuts? Here are some fun facts about the donuts that we love so much. In fact, there are 12 fun Facts About Donuts here for you to enjoy on your next run to Dunkin’ Donuts.
One fact about donuts nobody can dispute is that they go perfectly with coffee, milk, or pretty much any other beverage. We can eat them in the morning, noon, night, even midnight. They come in different types and flavors. I want my donuts glazed but I will gladly chomp down any kind of donuts at any time. Here are a few Donut tidbits and facts to whet your palate:
- The average calorie content of glazed donut is 200 calorie? Eating five donuts per day is equivalent to your days worth of calories.
- The largest donuts ever made was an American-style jelly donut weighing 1.7 tons and measuring 16 feet. YUM!
- Boston has the most doughnut shops in the country per person.
- During WWI, donuts were donated to feed hungry soldiers missing a taste of home.
- National Donut Day is June 7.
- More than 10 billion donuts are made in the USA yearly.
- Portland based Voodoo Donuts makes donuts flavored like NyQyl and Pepto Bismol.
- Randy’s Donuts in Englewood, CA is a good example of an architectural phenomenon called the duck & the decorated shed. It’s shop is topped with a sculpture of a donut that is over 22 feet wide.
- French Pastry Chef Dominique Ansel created the cronut, a hybrid donut-croissant, scalpers sold them for $100 per piece
- The average donut hole is 4/5″ in diameter
- Both Donut & Doughnut are approved spellings for this tasty treat.
- Donuts are fried (I thought they were baked until my 30’s).
And btw – if you’re looking for Donut coupons from your favorite shop? Check out our coupon section, you may get lucky.
Via: Restaurant Coupons