The Green Room in Greenville South Carolina feels comfortable and welcoming while retaining a feel of luxury. Something tells me it has something to do with Chef Patrick Long.
His culinary career started at an early age. Chef Long learned to cook in his mother’s bakery, and then worked at his uncle’s restaurant through high school. Chef Long honed his skills at Johnson and Wales in Charlotte, North Carolina; and then moved to Charleston, South Carolina where he gained experience at several different restaurants before moving back to his hometown of Greenville. Chef Long started working at The Green Room in 2010 and is now the executive chef. He’s known as a comfort food expert, and his Parmesan truffle fries were recently named the “Best French Fries in the U.S.” by Travel + Leisure.
We asked Chef Long to share with us a recipe that personified summer. He told us that “This recipe is perfect for a summer picnic. It can easily be made ahead of time and will be sure to impress your friends.”
- 2 each, 7 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 T yellow curry
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mayo
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 oz. blended oil
- Smear of Roland’s Mango Chutney
- Golden Raisin Bread
- Rub chicken with half the spices, salt and pepper. Coat with oil, then grill until internal temp reaches 165. Cool chicken down to below 40 degrees F. Next, chop the chicken up into small chunks. In a mixing bowl, place the mayo with the walnuts, cranberries, chopped chicken and remaining spices. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Toast 2 pieces of bread and put a smear of Roland’s mango chutney on each side. Place desired amount of chicken salad on one side then top with lettuce. Cut in half and serve.
The Green Room is located at 116 N Main St, Greenville, SC 29601, United States