Chef Julio Taveras is originally from Santiago in Dominican Republic. He began working in NYC restaurants as early as 1984, and over the next eight years, Julio moved up the kitchen hierarchy from prep chef to line cook, and finally as the chef.
One of his favorite activities is sharing recipe ideas and food trends with his family members and friends in the Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Miami. His greatest inspiration are the chefs he has worked with in the industry, and he loves to incorporate some Spanish influence into his dishes as much as he can.
April 2nd is National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day. Moran’s Chelsea in New York will be celebrating with Chef Julio Taveras’ recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Flauta with Fried Ice Cream. Winter has been tough on us. Now that Spring is here, let us celebrate with some ice cream! Yum!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Flauta with Fried Ice Cream
1 medium flour tortilla
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1 tablespoon raspberry preserves or any jelly/jam
1 banana, peeled
1. Place tortilla on a sauté pan and heat both sides until warm
2. Spread 2 tablespoons peanut butter on tortilla
3. Add 1 tablespoon raspberry preserve to tortilla
4. Place the banana near the edge of the tortilla and fold up the ends
5. Place toothpicks through tortilla to secure the wrap
6. Fry the tortilla until crispy at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes
7. Garnish with chocolate sauce and confectioners sugar
8. Serve with fried or regular ice cream
Moran’s Restaurant & Catering is located at 146 10th Avenue, at 19th Street, New York, NY 10011
Hours of Operation
Brunch 11:00am – 3:00pm
Dinner Saturday 3:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm – 10:00pm