Chef Montez Crane, a member of the Seneca tribe out of western New York, credits his maternal grandmother, Norma, for his love of cooking with ingredients fresh from the garden and meat that his uncle butchered next door. His career has taken him from brewpubs to fine dining, and he is fond of the way Cartwright’s combines a rustic yet upscale sensibility in its dishes.
“If you take the time to make food from scratch, choose quality ingredients and prepare them correctly, you will always finish with a meal that is memorable.”
This recipe is perfect for summer because it takes full advantage of summers produce when everything is truly at it’s best and it reflects what we have been waiting for all winter long…
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Baby Spinach, Summer Vegetables and Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbl finely chopped shallots
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 oz Honey
- 3 cups rice oil
- Whisk all ingredients together well.
- 4 eachheirloom tomatoes
- ½ lb Baby spinach
- And add a selection of sliced summer vegetables such as English cucumber, baby carrot, radish, fennel or whatever is fresh from the market.
- Slice Heirloom tomatoes into ½ inch thick slices and arrange on a plate
- Season tomato slices with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Shake lemon Honey Vinaigrette well then drizzle 1 tbl over the Sliced Tomatoes.
- Dress Baby Spinach and sliced summer vegetables with Lemon honey vinaigrette place over the sliced tomatoes.
Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House is located at 6710 E Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, United States