We’re just a bit closer to ending our voting on September 23rd. The competition is fierce and the votes are coming in day after day. But don’t fret. The competition is not over. There are nine (9) days left until we close voting. So if you haven’t voted for your favorite blog or you aren’t in the lead; there is still time. Click on the “Best Food Blogger 2011” picture on the left and get voting. We’ve also linked out to the blogs in the lead, just in case you want to get a little taste of what they can deliver. Without further ado; here are the current standings:
10. Cupcakes Take The Cake: Yup, these ladies (Rachel, Nichelle and Stacey) are obsessed with cupcakes, like most of us are. They are loved by cupcake aficionados and the NYC cupcake community where they are always organizing cupcake meetups. If you’re in the area; hit them up.
9. The Actor’s Diet: Lynn is an actress who loves food. Her candid blog gives us a look into the daily eating habits of actors (which can be quite complicated: losing weight for one role, gaining it for another, starving while the next check comes in). Her candid posts make The Actor’s Diet truly special.
8. Passport Delicious: If you like to travel and eat; this is a blog made specially for you. Krista flies (a lot); which means she gets to eat in all corners of the world and acts as sort of a royal taster for us. It’s lots of fun following her adventures.
7. Steak and Sprouts Monica and Caitlin are funny and quirky and cook like monsters. We love that most of their recipes have step by step instructions with pictures. We’ve also heard they can rap; perhaps they will post a video.
6. Bitter Sweet Crochet and sweets and some delicious, easy to follow recipes have made this a favorite of our community. I’ve tried her marbled blueberry bundt cake recipe and it’s to die for.
5. The Food Pornographer: Her blog is not about porn. It’s about taking pictures of food and eating it. I almost forgot; it’s also about describing food in a way that will make you salivate within seconds. It’s no wonder she is #5 on the list.
4. Almost Vegan Chef Amber Shea is just about the most balanced vegan you can meet. She is vegan for health and is not preachy in the least. In Almost Vegan, she shares tips, recipes and experiences that even the most staunch carnivore can relate to.
3. Zen Kimchi: Zen Kimchi is for all those who love Korean food…and for those who have yet to discover its wonderful offerings (bulgogi, galbi, bibimbap, japchae…so much delicious stuff to choose from). This is the go to source for Korean food information.
2. Frenchie and the Yankee: Frenchie and the Yankee sets some records straight and gets to the core of why the French are so French and why Americans are so American and love ” yet, sometimes love to hate so many French cultural idiosyncrasies.
1. Grilling with Rich: Grilling with Rich is all about, well, grilling. He has taken one of our favorite things and dedicated his life to it. Apparently; the world agrees with his obsession and so far the community has thrown its strength this way.