The ‘Hungry Girl,’ Lisa Lillien, is the New York Times best-selling author behind the extremely successful blog, Hungry-Girl.com, where over millions of her subscribers await her free daily email service that both entertains and informs people around the world about food and healthy living.
She has also authored eight best-selling books” five of which debuted at number one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. On May of 2013, her most recent book, “Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Just Desserts,” debuted on the best-selling list once again. She also the host of her own TV show, Hungry Girl, which is aired on both Food Network and the Cooking Channel.
As a firm believer that, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” it’s one of her advocacy to adding a little oomph on old and boring breakfast food. The same is true with her recipe for “Spiced French Toast,” which she handed to us for our Winter Recipe Series.
Spiced French Toast
250 calories, 7.5g fat, 425mg sodium, 32g carbs, 5g fiber, 15g sugars, 14g protein
1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. plus 2 dashes cinnamon
2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
2 slices light bread
2 tbsp. Cinnamon Cream Flavor NESTLÃ COFFEE-MATE NATURAL BLISS All-Natural Coffee Creamer
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. In a wide bowl, mix egg substitute, vanilla extract, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon.
2. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom.
3. Meanwhile, coat bread on all sides with egg mixture. 4. Lay bread slices in the skillet, and carefully drizzle with Coffee-mate.
5. Cook until golden brown, 1 – 2 minutes per side.
6. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and remaining 2 dashes of cinnamon!
You can visit Hungry Girl‘s Official Website, Facebook page, and Twitter account for more information and updates. Get a copy of her book Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Just Desserts.